What Personal Data is Collected?
We understand that the data we deal with can be sensitive and will not collect anything more than is needed for our purpose. All personal data will be collected through the application process with your complete consent. We shall not collect any more data than is needed for our purpose. This complies with Article 6 of the GDPR.
Sensitive personal data which we will never collect:
- Your racial or ethnic origin
- Any alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences
- Credit card or financial data - all payments for personal users are handled via our secure payment partners
Sensitive personal data which we may story on your behalf:
- Information relating to your medical history and conditions
- Information on your next of kin including contact details
The nature of our product means that we collect special category data. This means that our processing also caters for more sensitive data under Article 9(2) of the GDPR:
- The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of such personal data for one of more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations agreed to by the data subject and for protecting the vital interests of the data subject
Why do we need this information?
To ensure the greatest protection of customers.
We need to collect and store your personal data in order to provide our service. The medical information which you choose to hand over will allow us to connect this info to our Medtag products which then can be used in times of emergency.
Sharing your information
We do not share any of your information to anyone other than your next of kin, which you will consent to during the application process. Any access within the company will be audited.
Data Retention Period
We will only retain your data for as long as you require our service and you have the ability to shut down your account at any time which will remove the data from our database.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right of erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information regarding your individual rights can be found at the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at ico.org.uk. We comply with all ICO regulatory and statutory requirements and any problems faced can be dealt by the ICO.
If there are any changes to our policy, we will notify you by your registered email address and always keep you updated on what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we use your data.